When: December 15, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Minimum Number of Students Required: 4
Note: This BASIC STUDENT course is a pre-requisite for individuals desiring to become an NRA Rifle Instructor. The NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting. This course is at least eight hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students are encouraged to use their own rifle chambered for rimfire ammunition (.22 LR, .22 WMR, .17 HMR, etc.) Student fees include the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting student training materials, range time and targets. To complete your registration for this course and make payment, contact the Neuse Sport Shop at (252) 527-5058, or online at http://neusesportshop.com/classe
1. Attend the entire class
2. All handguns and ammo are to be locked in your vehicle until your instructor directs you to get them
3. Absolutely NO AMMO in the classroom at anytime.
4. Handgun of choice. Hand guns must be in good working order.
5. Provide your own eye and ear protection and ear muffs. Foam ear plugs are not allowed.
6. Ammunition must be brass cased. No aluminum cased or steel cased ammo.
7. 50 rounds of proper ammo to complete shooting exercise.