When: July 28&29, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Minimum Number of Students Required: 4
This NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting Course is delivered in three parts; (1) NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting-ILT (the pre-requisite course for the NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting Course), (2) NRA Basic Instructor Training, and (3) NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting Course. This two-day course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential in organizing, promoting and teaching the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting courses. Possession of basic firearm safety and shooting skills is a pre-requisite for certification as an NRA Instructor. Prior to the instructor training, Instructor Candidates must complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearm background in pre-course assessment exercises. To complete your registration for this course and make payment, contact the Neuse Sport Shop at (252) 527-5058, or online at http://neusesportshop.com/classes.
Student fees include all NRA training materials, range time and targets. Students are encouraged to use their own handgun.
Additional information for students:
1. Attendance of the entire class is required to receive both the Basics of Pistol Shooting-ILT course completion certificate and NRA Pistol Instructor certification.
2. All handguns and ammunition are to be locked in your vehicle until the Instructor directs you to get them.
3. NO LIVE AMMUNITION is allowed in the classroom at any time.
4. Handguns must be in good working order.
5. Provide your own eye and hearing protection. Ear Muffs are required.
6. Ammunition must be brass cased. No aluminum or steel cased ammunition.
7. At least 150 rounds of ammunition are needed to complete the shooting exercises/qualifications.